(WXYZ) - Still procrastinating? The Third Annual eGift Card Day on December 23 lets last minute shoppers send electronic gift cards that can be delivered instantly by email and personalized with pictures and video. eGift Cards make great last minute gift ideas and can even be ordered and delivered on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Talya Schaeffer, founder of eCoupons.com and creator of the eGiftCardDay.com website said, "eGift Card Day reminds last minute shoppers that there is still time to create personalized gifts. eGift Cards can be purchased now or even on Christmas Day and delivered instantly."
Tips for Buying eGift Cards:
1) Personalize your eGift Card with a picture, note and video (if available).
Personalized gifts are always the most memorable. Schedule the eGift Card to be delivered at a special time.
2) Choose eGift Cards that do not have expiration dates.
3) Buy directly from a retailer website and avoid reseller, third party or auction websites. Unfortunately, there are many scams associated with gift cards including thieves gift cards with stolen credit cards or stealing gift card serial numbers and pins from store shelves.
4) Watch for eGift Card Day promotions like limited time only discounted electronic gift cards.
Tips for Using eGift Cards:
1) Upon receipt of your new gift card, check the value of the eGift Card on the retailer's website. If it doesn't match, contact the retailer directly.
2) Keep the eGift Card's information safe and secure. i.e. store the code in a password protected document.
3) Check for an expiration date and/or fees. It should be clearly listed in the email.
4) Use the eGift Card as soon as possible. It's very easy to forget or misplace the information.
5) Think of your eGift Card like cash. If it's lost or stolen, report it to the retailer immediately.
6) Watch for after Christmas, Boxing Day, or Year End Clearance sales starting December 26 to save money on purchases. Sales can also be combined with ecoupons or electronic coupon codes.