(WXYZ) - Thousands of metro Detroit students will be heading back to school on Tuesday.
If you still need to get in some back-to-school shopping, Meijer fashion advisor Mariana Keros stopped by the Channel 7 studios to share with us some hot fashion trends for this upcoming school year.
What's different this year:
- We're seeing a lot more color and brighter colors.
- Last year we saw the Chambray shirt, this year the newer look is a printed Chambray shirt.
- This year studs on accessories is a big trend (belts, boots, handbags, wallets).
- We saw lots of patterns and prints last year, this year the new way to wear them is mixing them together.
Trends from last year that continue:
- Skinny jeans
- Long scarves (figure 8 & infinity)
- Ballet flats
- Printed back packs (now they light up)