ROCHESTER, MI (WXYZ) - Meadow Brook Hall will stage its eighth annual Gourmet Wild Game Dinner & Auction on September 25 to benefit the preservation of Michigan's newest National Historic Landmark. Presenting sponsor for the 2013 event is Jewell Media Services.
The benefit begins at 6:00 p.m. with a cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception and touring, followed by a seated gourmet "wild" or "mild" meal, raffle, silent and live auctions.
The featured "wild" tastes include:
· Pulled Carolina bbq wild boar biscuit,
· bison and barley chowder with foraged mushrooms,
· smoked king salmon cobb salad with wild boar bacon,
· braised boneless elk short rib and pan roasted quail breast with sweet potato dauphinoise, poached asparagus, sage au jus and port reduction and,
· white chocolate macadamia nut bombe with caramel sauce.
For those with a more domestic palette, an alternative "mild" menu is available.
The auctions will feature a wide array of items including, a three-day all-inclusive fishing trip for two to Turtle Lake, an autographed "Triple Crown Winner" Miguel Cabrera baseball, one-of-a-kind Meadow Brook Hall experiences, VIP Red Wings tickets, WXYZ station tour, fishing gear, European spa packages, fine jewelry, golf and hunting get-aways and much more.
Reservations for Meadow Brook's 8 th annual Gourmet Wild Game Dinner & Auction are required. Tickets are $100 per person. Tables of ten can be purchased for $750. For more information call (248) 364-6263 or visit meadowbrookhall.org