(WXYZ) - Mid-summer brings to life peak flavors of Michigan grown produce. Enjoy crisp locally grown greens in hearty entrée salads. Sink your teeth into ears of Michigan grown sweet corn. The tastes of summer don't get better than this!
Lemony Chicken and Local Greens Salad
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
2 tbsp. Meijer Classic Olive Oil
8 cups Locally Grown Red and Green Leaf Lettuce
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 pound Grilled Chicken Strips (or Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips)
1/4 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
- For the dressing, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and oil.
- In a large bowl combine salad greens, walnuts and onion.
- Drizzle greens with dressing; toss lightly to coat.
- Place salad on 4 serving plates. Place chicken breast strips on top of each salad.
- Top evenly with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 358, Fat 18g, Cholesterol 101mg, Sodium 490mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 3g, Protein 42g.
Locally grown Bi-color sweet corn
Recipe Adapted from: Meijer Taste of Summer, IN Marketing