(WXYZ) - Spice up your 4 th of July celebration with Firecracker Salmon served with a quick deli side such as crisp kale salad. Finish off with your meal with chilled watermelon slices, summer's favorite refreshing fruit!
4 salmon fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. Meijer reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup Meijer orange juice
2 Tbsp. Meijer Olive oil
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 tsp. McCormick Garlic powder
1 tsp. McCormick ground ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1. Whisk together all marinade ingredients, reserve 1/4 cup of marinade mix separately for basting.
2. Place remaining marinade mix into a large zipper-lock re-sealable bag. Add salmon filets, turning to coat. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
4. Remove salmon from marinade bag and place on grill. Discard salmon marinade.
5. Grill covered 7-10 minutes, until fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork. Baste with reserved marinate 2-3 times while cooking.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 310, Fat 18g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Sodium 397mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 0g, Protein 29g.
Serve with: Meijer deli prepared Kale Salad and chilled watermelon slices