(WXYZ) - Summertime is a great time to learn how to prepare healthy dishes for the family. Enjoy these simple and quick recipes.
Recipe: Sweet Corn Succotash
Summary: Summer Succotash (Sweet Corn, Edamame and Tomato)
Recipe by Chef Kendall Mitchell
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
1 sm Onion, chopped (approx ½ cp)
1 lrg clove Garlic, minced
2 cp Sweet Corn (cut from 4 ears of corn)
1 cp Edamame, thawed (5-7 oz frozen)
1 cp Tomatoes, chopped (approx ½ lb)
1 tsp Salt, to taste
1 tsp Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add butter and onion to pan. Sauté until soft and translucent (approx 3 mins).
3. Add garlic, stirring until garlic becomes fragrant (approx 1min).
4. Add corn and edamame to the mix. Lower heat to medium and cook for 4-5 mins.
5. Add tomatoes and continue to cook just until tomatoes are warmed through (approx 20-30 seconds). Season mix to taste with salt, pepper and herbs.
6. Remove from heat and serve hot or room temperature for delicious side dish.
Yield: Serves 4-6
Variations: *Use any herb you like for this dish. * Try adding spices like Cumin or Coriander for a bit of earthiness. * Add the traditional lima bean or any green veg, like zucchini for the edamame. Enjoy!