(WXYZ) - Sicilian Chicken and Portabella Mushroom Spedini
Yield 4 pp.
- Italian Bread plain, torn in small pieces 6oz
- Plum Tomatoes, canned, seeded 4oz
- Olive oil, Virgin 2tbl
- Garlic chopped 1tsp
- Parsley Italian chopped 1tbl
- Provolone, sharp, grated 4oz
- Salt Kosher to taste
- Black Pepper fresh ground to taste
Method; mix all ingredients lightly
- Chicken breast, skinless, boneless, pounded thin 4pcs
- Portabella Mushrooms, ribbed halved 4pcs
- Onion leaves, quartered 8pcs
- Bay leaves 8 pcs
- Olive oil 1 cup
- Italian seasoned Italian breadcrumbs 2 cups
- Skewers 12 inch steel, if wood needs to be soaked
Place 2oz stuffing on each Chicken breast pcs, roll up, tuck ends.
Dip each Chicken roll in oil and then in breadcrumbs.
Skewer 2 pcs each Onion petal, Portabella, Bay leave, Chicken roll =
Onion, Portabella, Bay leave, Chicken rolls.
Grill or char grill Skewer till Chicken is 165 f.
Serve with a nice Amoygue sauce, available at Gourmet Markets