(WXYZ) - Make Weeknights Easy – Cook Once, Eat Twice!
Pork Loin Roast with Apples and Onions
Makes about 10 servings
2 Michigan Apples (semi-tart variety such as Jonagold, Empire, Fuji, Courtland or Paula Red), cored and cut in 1/2" thick slices
1 cup sliced sweet white onion
1/2 cup Meijer apple juice
3 lbs. Pork Loin Roast
3 garlic cloves, mined
1 tsp. McCormick crushed rosemary
1 tsp. McCormick parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. McCormick dried thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Place half of the sliced apples and onion on bottom of crock pot, place pork loin on top.
2. Pour apple juice over pork loin, spread garlic on pork and sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Top with remaining apple and onion slices.
4. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Recipe 2: Pork Caesar Sandwich, Using Leftover Pork Loin
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1/3 cup light Caesar salad dressing
1/4 cup Meijer shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (8 to 10-inch) round loaf focaccia bread
3/4 lb. leftover cooked pork loin, sliced thin
1. In a medium bowl combine lettuce with dressing and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
2. Slice focaccia horizontally and cut into 4 wedges.
3. Layer pork slices evenly on bottom half of focaccia. Top evenly with lettuce mixture. Place top halves over lettuce to close sandwiches.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.