(WXYZ) - Destination Style Boutique’s team of fashion experts are often asked to help make wardrobe selections that still portray summer fun and cooler fabrics, but are also appropriate for the work place. There are some basic dos and don’ts that the team shares.
1. It is always a good idea to check if there is a dress code written at the place of work.
Guidelines are often set that differ from company to company.
2. Always wear clean, pressed attire.
3. Three piece dressing is almost always acceptable (bottom, top with cover/jacket.)
4. Add flare by incorporating the latest trends of the season:
5. Hose are no longer mandatory in most work places.
6. Wear lighter, “breathable,” fabrics like cotton, eyelet, tropical wool and linen
1. Never wear sweatpants or loungewear.
2. Tops should not be too revealing – avoid very sheer, low cut, strapless, spaghetti strap and tank tops.
3. No sneakers, Crocs or flip flops. Opened toe shoes are now acceptable in most offices. Feet should be well groomed if wearing open toe and/or bare backed shoes.
4. Skirts and dresses should be just above the knee or longer.
5. Camisoles should only be worn under a sweater or with a jacket.
6. Shorts are usually not appropriate in office settings.
Destination Style’s team is always ready to help with advice and selections. Personal shopping appointments may be made by calling 248-353-1158 or visiting www.shopdestinationstyle.com .
Destination Style Boutique is hosting its Summer Tent Sale July 20-22
There will savings of up to 75% on the season’s top fashions and sneak peek at new fall fashions. The boutique is located at
29107 Northwestern Hwy (in the Franklin Shopping Center)
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.