(WXYZ) - Prepare healthy recipes for your Halloween party with these easy recipes from Better Health Markets
Corn Bread Muffin Recipe
Combine 1 package of healthy Organic corn bread mix and one half-cup pumpkin or orange food coloring to make muffins festive for Halloween.
Cut carrots, celery, and cucumbers lengthwise and place upright in a cup filled with ¼ cup Organic bottled ranch dressing. ]
2 pounds grass fed beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 tablespoons high heat sunflower oil, divided
1 cup water
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14.5 ounce) can organic whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
1 sugar pumpkin
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Place beef in the saucepan and cook until evenly brown. Mix in the water, potatoes, carrots, green bell pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 2 hours.
2. Dissolve the bouillon into the beef mixture. Stir in the tomatoes.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
4. Cut top off the pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp. Place the pumpkin in a heavy baking pan. Fill the pumpkin with the beef mixture. Brush outside of the pumpkin with remaining oil.
5. Bake in the preheated oven 2 hours, or until tender. Serve the stew from the pumpkin, scraping out some of the pumpkin meat with each serving.
Vegan Chocolate Tofu Mousse Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
• 1 package soft silken tofu (~12 oz)
• 10 oz. chocolate chips, about one small package. Many dark chocolate chips are vegan; check the ingredients for dairy products if milk ingredients are a concern.
• 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract, optional
1. Let tofu come to room temperature.
2. Using a food processor, blender, or hand mixer, blend tofu until just smooth.
3. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with a tablespoon or two of water over low heat. Stir constantly.
4. Add maple syrup to melted chocolate and combine until smooth.
5. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
6. Put chocolate blend into food processor, blender, or a large bowl, and mix with tofu until creamy.
7. Pour into very small serving dishes - this pudding-like mousse is rich. Serve warm or chill until set.
Recipes provided by Better Health Market www.thebetterhealthstore.com
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.