6 oz. Salmon fillet
1 cup Mixed vegetables
1 tsp. Olive oil
Brown rice (after training) or white rice (pre-race)
8 oz. Fresh spinach 1 tsp Lemon pepper
1. Toss mixed vegetables in olive oil
2. Season salmon with lemon pepper and place on a long piece of tin foil (approx. 15 in. long). Top with seasoned vegetables and bundle up mixture with tin foil to form a pouch.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Follow microwave directions for cooking rice, when rice is hot mix with the spinach and place mixture on plate
5. Top with salmon and vegetables and enjoy
We’ve heard of things like “carb loading” the day before a race or game, but what is the best way to use food to fuel our bodies to prepare for workouts? Fueling exercise requires quality carbohydrates, lean protein, heart-healthy fats and fluids. Muscles need protein for recovery and growth, and the best time to deliver protein appears to be right after exercise.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Healthy Living
Many vegetarians do not incorporate enough protein and fiber in their diets and finding simple meal options for vegetarians can often be difficult. This week we have a delicious and easy lentil soup recipe.
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital shows you how their greenhouse promotes community wellness!
Henry Ford Health system is launching the new Let's Get healthy program, designed to combat childhood obesity through diet and exercise.