(WXYZ) - It's expected families will spend more than one hundred dollars on back to school shoes, so we've got 7 ways to cut that expense. The tips come from nationally recognized money saver Andrea Woroch .
- Sign up for savings... Create a separate email account and sign up for retailer alerts and newsletters.
- Use your smartphone to cash in on mobile coupons. Coupon Sherpa has a free mobile app that offers great savings.
- Don't forget department stores... General promotions can be applied to shoe purchases, which can potentially save you a lot
- Take a survey... Famous footwear for example gives shoppes coupons for money off by completing surveys from recent purchases.
- If you know your child's shoe size, buying online can sometimes be cheaper.
- How about checking in. Foursquare is a free mobile app offering coupons and other perks for "checking in" to retailers and restaurants.
- Don't forget second hand shops. Sometimes you'll find brand new shoes for just a few dollars.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.