(WXYZ) - Here are ten money saving travel tips courtesy of Cadillac Travel in Southfield to help you as you plan your next vacation:
1) Book your Flights early. Airfares are like the weather in Michigan--wait 5 minutes and they will change! So grab those cheap seat while they are there. Also, try to fly on Tuesday or Saturday. They tend to be the cheapest days to travel!
2) Considering booking connecting flights. I f you have the time they are usually a lot less expensive than Non-stops!
3) Get a Delta American Express card. Delta has the majority of flight out of the Detroit and this card will get you and up to 9 of your friends free bags! Plus you earn point on everything that you buy, which will allow you to get free travel.
4) Get a Delta Frequent flyer number. It will give you access to special deals and bonus Frequent flyer points!
5) Cruises. Make sure you let the cruise line know if you are a teacher, fireman, policeman, nurse…or if what State you live in, there are all type of discount available to all these group. This works for tour operators as well.
6) Hotels. Be flexible on your room types. There could be hundreds of dollars of difference a night for a poll view compared to a Ocean view room. Plus, if they are not full they might upgrade you.
7) Book hotels that aren’t in the big city or town. Especially if you are renting a car. If you don’t mind the short drive it could save a bundle.
8) When you book your vacation make sure to bundle your hotel, car and airline ticket. This will save a lot of money over booking them all separate.
9) Be flexible on your dates. The same trip booked during a holiday season can cost you more than twice as much then if you book in the off season. Or even a week later!
10) Cars. When booking a car you should book the smallest car possible. It won’t only save you money on the car it will on gas as well. Plus, many times they will upgrade you at no additional cost.
*And one of the biggest saving tip is to use a professional travel agent. They receive special and deals everyday that the public doesn’t see.
Plus they can make sure you are getting the best deal possible without you wasting your time. Plus they make sure that everything runs smoothly so you can enjoy that vacation.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.