DETROIT (WXYZ) - A family of four was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters say they removed two men, a woman and a child who appeared to be about 10-years-old from a home on West Parkway in Northwest Detroit.
Crews say there was a generator in close proximity to the home and at least one neighbor says the generator was powering a furnace that the homeowner installed himself after the previous furnace had been stolen.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas that can be deadly. Nearly any source of heat can produce carbon monoxide including but not limited to a furnace, a stove, a dryer and even a fire place.
Your best defense against carbon monoxide is a detector which will cost you a little more than $30; not having one could cost you your life.
First responders expect everyone from the home on West Parkway to fully recover.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) can cause coughing so severe that it can be hard for the infected person to breathe, or it may even feel as if they are choking.
The head of the Federal Defenders office has a unique idea for the judge in Bobby Ferguson’s upcoming bid rigging trial: don’t make him say under oath if he still has assets, give him a lawyer, and if the feds scrounge up more of the former contractor’s cash in the future – pay the taxpayers back.
The Mackinac Policy Conference taking place May 29th through the 31st has largely been a Detroit affair. That has changed. A group from the west side of the state will be attending the conference in hopes of reaching out to help Detroit and Michigan.