MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - Nearly two years after her three sons went missing, Tanya Zuvers says she believes the brothers from Morenci are still alive.
She recently released age-processed pictures to Action News, but says the photos are a bittersweet reminder of the time she’s missed with her boys. “You look at those pictures and say that’s not them; that’s not what they look like.”
Zuvers hopes the pictures will refresh memories and bring new clues that would solve the case.
The boys, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, were last seen with their father, John Skelton, on the day before Thanksgiving 2010. Since then, Zuvers has refused to speak to Skelton. She says she’s now ready to face him.
“I’ve reached the point where in my own personal life and in who I’m becoming, I’m ready to cross that bridge and there are things that I want to say to him,” Zuvers told Action News during an interview on Saturday.
Zuvers won’t reveal what she will say to Skelton, only that she has rehearsed the meeting several times in her head.
On Sunday, November 25, the two year anniversary of their disappearance, Zuvers and family will hold an awareness event at Wakefield Park. The 3:00 p.m. gathering will honor the boys and raise money to continue searching for them.
As for Zuvers, she has just one message for Andrew, Alexander and Tanner. “We haven’t given up boys, and we will get you home where you belong,”
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Justin Townsend, a 12-year-old from Shelby Township, has been battling a rare form of brain cancer.
Child and Family Services of Michigan is looking for pilots and planes to help them deliver presents to children in foster care across Michigan.
A man is in critical condition after he was hit by a vehicle while crossing the street.