HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim — at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More National News
A twister that killed six, injured 50 and left 250 homeless was part of a swarm of tornadoes unleashed on North Texas, devastating two neighborhoods.
The suspect in a Mother's Day parade shooting that left 19 people wounded in New Orleans was taken into custody Wednesday night, police said.
So you didn't win Wednesday's Powerball jackpot? Make that you and everyone else.