NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
SEE a picture of Jack here: http://nydn.us/10DRdmr
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins can be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More National News
Nicknamed "The Wall," 8-year-old Kyle Davis loved soccer and going to Monster Truck exhibitions at the fairgrounds with his grandfather. JaNae Hornsby, 9, loved to draw, sing, and be a big sister and cousin to her younger relatives.
Rebekah Lara and her family are back at what's left of their Moore, Oklahoma home. Their house is still standing, but it is severely damaged.
Jurors in the Jodi Arias murder trial told the judge Wednesday that they are unable to reach a unanimous verdict on whether the convicted murderer should be get life or death for killing her boyfriend, prompting the judge to send them back to the deliberation room to work through their differences.