(WXYZ) - A downtown Detroit park initiative is transforming corners of the city into hidden getaways this summer. Here's where you can find these little pockets of Detroit paradise and what each has to offer.
View Detroit Parks in a larger map
- Every Tuesday and Thursday the Lunchtime in Paradise series offers live music from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Genres include jazz, Broadway, R&B and the blues. The lunchtime concerts run from June 10 to August 29 and feature music from artists like Ralphe Armstrong, Gwenation and Planet D Nonet to name few.
- The Paradise Arts Festival focuses on visual arts, dance and music. It runs monthly on Saturdays from noon to 9 p.m. Festival goers can also shop eclectic retail and enjoy food and drink specials. The final Paradise Arts Festival of the summer is on August 24.
For a full schedule of events click here: http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/parks/Paradise-Valley-Park
- Each Wednesday evening the Jazz and Stage series offers performances by some of the city's most respected jazz musicians from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Following the music from 7 to 8 p.m. you can catch theater performances like Shakespeare in the Park or dance ensembles on the lawn.
- The Woodward Festival is a day-long celebration of the arts that includes fun for the entire family. Main Stage performances will run from noon to 9 p.m. on August 24 while the Lawn Stage will offer a show just for the kiddos from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
For a full schedule of events click here: http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/parks/Grand-Circus-Park
- Destination Friday is a combination of film screenings, live DJs, hands-on public art projects and more. The program kicks off August 2 and runs through the 24th. Movie buffs can catch Searching for Sugar Man and Oz: The Great and Powerful while the artistically inclined can work alongside the Heidelberg Project to build a public art installation.
For a full schedule of events click here: http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/series/DESTINATION-FRIDAY
- Bury your feet in the sand and treat yourself to a drink from the Beach Bar as you enjoy island sounds on the Frankenmuth Brewery Stage. Island-hopping happens every Friday 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. from July 12-19 and August 2-16.
- 4th Fridays in the Park offers live music, food, drink and a marketplace for shopping th e fourth Friday of every month from 5 to 10:30 p.m.
- Meanwhile, every weekday you can enjoy live music during your lunch hour from noon until 2 p.m with the Mid-Day Music series .
- Children's theater and dance performances followed by hands-on art projects are offered on Saturdays from 2 until 4 p.m. Kidz Shows runs June 22-29, July 13-27 and August 3-7.
- Catch Academy award-winning feature films under the stars on Saturdays from 8:30 p.m. until 11 p.m. from July 13-27 and August 3-10. Movie titles include Sliver Linings Playbook, Lincoln and Life of Pi. Faygo Movie Night in the "D" features Good People Popcorn and Faygo beverages.
- Classic music lovers can enjoy orchestra ensembles performing classic selection Tuesdays July 9-30 p.m. from 7 to 8:30 p.m. as a part of the Classical Tuesday series.
- Sunset in the City offers music Thursdays July 11-25 and August 1-22. Wind down after the workday listening to local talent and enjoying food and drinks from the Fountain Bistro.
For a full schedule of events click here: http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/parks/Campus-Martius-Park
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.