DETROIT (WXYZ) - A Clinton Township man could face a decade in federal prison for allegedly trying to have sex with a minor.
A criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court accuses Carlos Roy Castaneda, 40, of online enticement and attempted travel in foreign commerce for the purpose of engaging in illicit sexual conduct.
Court papers show that an undercover agent with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement found a disturbing advertisement on a website that allows users to set up sexual encounters without their mothers knowing. The website uses a tagline that reads “go ahead, she isn’t looking.”
The ad, allegedly placed by Castaneda under the user name “highonfire,” said he was looking for a woman of “any age.”
An undercover agent responded, claiming to have a 15-year-old stepdaughter whom he had been sexually abusing since she was 12-years-old.
Castaneda allegedly showed interest, and supposedly met the undercover agent in his car in Grosse Pointe on June 29. During that meeting, which was recorded, investigators say the suspect admitted to having sex with a 15-year-old before.
He also agreed to have sex with the stepdaughter, for whom he was to purchase pink panties and condoms, at a casino hotel in Windsor.
Agents say Castaneda later emailed the undercover agent saying he wanted the girl to wear white cotton panties and have her hair in ponytails.
He also allegedly told the undercover agent that he obtained an enhanced driver’s license and was going to check with Border Patrol to see if he was okay to cross.
On July 5, the date the sexual encounter was scheduled to take place, Castaneda was taken into custody by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol while attempting to exit the U.S. through the Detroit-Windosr Tunnel.
Investigators say Castaneda said he was going to purchase a prostitute, but he was only carrying $16. Agents say they also found a small pair of pink panties and numerous condoms.
Castaneda made his second appearance in federal court on Monday. A magistrate denied his bond.
Castaneda is scheduled to be back in court for a preliminary exam on July 20 at 1:00 pm.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Detroit Headlines
7 Action News is proud to be a Media Partner and a participant in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. INSIDE: See our pictures and submit your own
The 22nd Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is finishing up in downtown Detroit.
In Wayne County, scores of convicted felons guilty of dangerous crimes are being given what critics say is a get out of jail free card. Are the judges letting them out violating Michigan's penal code?