DETROIT (WXYZ) - Detroit artists, get those creative juices flowing!
Whole Foods Market Detroit in collaboration with Midtown Detroit Inc. is now accepting proposals for external art murals to be displayed on the market’s storefront.
The store is planning to have four separate spots on the outside of the building for art. An artist or a team is encouraged to submit a variety of different media displaying their concept. Whole Foods is looking for murals that include the market’s primary themes like issues of healthy living and local foods.
The winners will be chosen by a mural committee comprised of individuals from Midtown Detroit Inc. and Whole Foods Market. The application submissions are due October 15 by 5 p.m. and the selected artists or teams will receive $1,000 for a mural budget and an additional $7,500.
Here are the entry submission requirements Whole Foods has listed on their Website :
Please submit all documents via email, in PDF format, and all images in JPG format (PC & Mac Compatible). Applicants who fail to submit all of these items may be disqualified.
1) CONTACT COVER SHEET. Please provide the artist’s name, address, telephone, e-mail, and a brief bio (< 200 words). Please reference the project name (Whole Foods Mural) on all correspondence, including envelopes.
2) LETTER OF INTEREST, including a description of your past work, your approach to this project, and an overview of your concept for the Whole Foods mural.
3) RESUME of artist or for each artist if a team is submitting.
4) THREE REFERENCES with contact information. Letters of recommendation not required.
3) DIGITAL IMAGES. Please observe the following guidelines for submission of digital images:
*Submitted images must be limited to no larger than 1MB per image
** Please attach these files to a single email and send to DetroitMural@wholefoods.com
*** Images submitted during application and not chosen for the project will not be returned to applicant, and will not be used for any future purpose.
For full details on the contest, go to http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/detroit
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Detroit Headlines
Another structure that's part of Detroit's Heidelberg Project outdoor art installation has been destroyed by fire.
Detroit Police told 7 Action News shots were fired on the city's Eastside on Christy Street around 4 pm. Two victims were hit and one of them killed. The other man is in critical condition at St. John Hospital on Moross.
Detroit firefighters battled a house fire near Dubois and Hendrie in Detroit.