DETROIT (AP MODIFIED) - A second man has been charged in the shotgun slayings of two women and a man in the presence of two young children inside an abandoned Detroit house.
The Wayne County prosecutor's office says that 25-year-old Kevin Lewis faces three counts of first-degree premeditated murder. His arraignment is scheduled today in 36th District Court.
Twenty-one-year-old Shadell Love was charged last week and is jailed while awaiting a March 19 hearing.
Authorities say 25-year-old Lauren Trotty and 20-year-olds India Coleman and Curtis Clemens were slain Thursday at the house used by squatters.
A 5-year-old girl was found inside the next day and told neighbors she saw a man kill her mother and the others. A 1-year-old child also remained in the house with the bodies overnight.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Detroit Headlines
Like so many around the world, Nelson Mandela's story captured the heart and imagination of a Detroit area photographer. Years later, she would capture some of Mandela's most magical milestones.
In the wake of a federal judge's decision that allows Detroit to continue through Chapter 9 bankruptcy, the city's Emergency Manager, Kevyn Orr, appeared on 7 Action News in a wide ranging interview.
Nelson Mandela stopped in Detroit during a trip to the United States back in June of 1990. The trip came just three months after Mandela was released from prison after 27 years.