FOWLERVILLE, Mich. (WXYZ) - There's a new sense of urgency surrounding the investigation into the shootings along the I-96 corridor in Oakland, Livingston and Ingham counties.
It comes one day after the first person was injured in what, police say, is now 24 linked shootings along the interstate.
A man driving from the west side of the state to Game 3 of the World Series was injured when a bullet passed through his door and wallet, striking him in the buttocks.
The unidentified man was kept in the hospital overnight before being released Sunday.
7 Action News was told he will need surgery to remove the slug once he returns home. He is expected to be all right.
The man was injured in the second of two shootings Saturday. The first came about a half hour earlier when a bullet passed through the backseat of another car. No one was injured in that shooting.
In the wake of those shootings, law enforcement says more resources will be assigned to the case beginning Monday.
A multi-agency task force had already been formed to investigate the case.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Livingston County Headlines
Gas prices in our area are backing off after jumping to almost record levels in the last few weeks.