CHESTERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - Crews believe a lightning strike is to blame for an apartment fire in Chesterfield Township.
It happened late Wednesday night at the Aspen Creek Apartments near 23 Mile Road and I-94.
Crews evacuated 24 units.
The fire started in the area between the first and second floors. It's unclear if the units' interiors were also damaged.
No one was hurt.
The building that was apparently hit by lightning and a second building nearby are without power.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Macomb County News
A standoff at the Suez Motel in Warren has ended peacefully.
Dennis Jones, owner of Greenwood Pets and Plants store, was charged with animal cruelty.
Police and animal control officers removed all of the animals at a pet store in Warren.
ADAM SANDLER was recently horrified to discover his maid had been rubbing poison ivy all over his body as he slept as payback for having to handle the actor's dirty underwear.
Actress ROONEY MARA has been named the new face of Calvin Klein.