MONROE, Mich., (WXYZ) - A lockdown has been lifted at four Monroe schools.
Monroe Middle School, St. John's Catholic, St. Michael's and Trinity Luthern are no longer on lockdown after an abduction and possible assault and robbery in the area.
Police, however say one suspect is still on the loose.
The Monroe Police Department says four male suspects broke into an apartment on the 100 block of W. Front St. around 7:30 a.m. Friday and abducted a woman at gunpoint. They were looking for a man who was not there.
"They abducted the woman at gunpoint and forced her to take them to a residence in Newport where the subject was they were looking for," says Sgt. Richard Ohanesian with Monroe Police.
Upon returning to the Front Street apartment, the suspects were met by police. Three of the suspects were taken into custody but the fourth got away.
The suspect on the loose is described as a black male in his early 20's. He is 6'0" tall with a stocky build, close-cut hairstyle and tattoo on his face. He was last seen wearing black pants and a light colored shirt.
If you have any information regarding this suspect, you are asked to call the Monroe Police Detective Bureau at (734) 243-7519.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Monroe County News
It's becoming an epidemic that is killing teens and young adults in southeast Michigan.
Power weightlifters from across the world will join Relentless Detroit in hosting a fundraiser this weekend to help six children with cancer financially and emotionally.
Lt. Luke Davis didn’t have to see the inside of a prison cell for very long. After serving only 4 months behind bars, he was moved to a boot camp earlier this month, scheduled to be paroled on the day after Christmas.