FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (WXYZ) - A baby has recovered after being treated at Botsford Hospital following a scary accident where he swallowed his whole pacifier.
Botsford says five-month-old Cameron Herrick was at daycare when the accident happened. He was taken to Botsford by paramedics where doctors worked to clear his airway.
Cameron was then taken to the operating room, where the pacifier was removed bit by bit from his throat.
Cameron's mother, Adrienne Herrick, is crediting the Botsford doctors with saving her baby's life. In a press release from the hospital she says:
My precious baby was saved by the wonderful, caring people at Botsford. I can hardly find the right words to express my gratitude to them for knowing exactly what to do for him. I decided that writing a letter wasn’t going to do it, so Cameron and I paid a visit to Botsford’s ER to express our gratitude in person. It turned out that the doctors and nurses were thrilled to see Cameron and me. A great, big THANK YOU to you all! For everything. I mean it.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Oakland County News
The 7 Action News Investigators are digging deeper into the rare complaint filed by Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper against Novi District Judge Brian MacKenzie.
In a blistering complaint, Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper says her office has found seven cases where Novi District Judge Brian Mackenzie improperly dismissed misdemeanor charges where plaintiffs had already pled guilty or no contest.
Mitch Albom is once again helping charities for the holidays with the S.A.Y. Detroit Radiothon, Thursday December 5th. You can help make a difference in the lives of people in need.