TROY, Mich. (WXYZ) - Troy firefighters say the exhaust system for the boiler was disconnected at a business where two people were overcome with carbon monoxide.
The disconnected exhaust sent carbon monoxide pouring right into the building.
It's happened at a company called Master Mechanical Insulation on E. Maple.
A call came in to emergency crews just before 10:00 am. EMS workers noticed high levels of carbon monoxide when they responded.
Two people were in the building when rescue crews arrived and both were taken to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown.
By 11:30 am, firefighters were still airing out the building and working to determine the source of the carbon monoxide.
Consumers Energy crews are also on the scene.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
More Oakland County News
The victim of a golf course attack says he was beaten after asking what the score was.
The world’s most expensive wine made an appearance in Bloomfield Hills Tuesday afternoon.
The man whose tip prompted this latest search for Jimmy Hoffa’s remains is saying he’s frustrated that nothing has been found yet.