BURTON, Mich., (WXYZ) - An 18-year-old Flint-area girl is in intensive care after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria.
Kaylee Queen's parents took her to the hospital last Monday after she developed a rash and started feeling ill.
That's when they found out the Burton, MI teen had a rare flesh-eating bacteria and needed surgery to remove the destroyed muscle.
Queen's mom says the rash started on her leg then spread to her upper abdomen.
Doctor's aren't sure but they think Queen may have contracted the bacteria from shaving.
Queen is not yet in the clear according to doctors but they do say the bacteria has been contained.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
How much is the Detroit owned art at the Detroit Institute of Arts worth? It is a loaded question. The reason? It is being asked by Detroit’s Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr.
Michigan's local governments would have the option to put cameras at intersections to spot drivers running red lights under proposed legislation in the state House.
Michigan's public schools could see increased funding under measures approved by Republican-led budget panels on Thursday.