(WXYZ) - Will school be closed on Friday? We know that's the biggest question in town right now. The 7 First Alert Weather Team has put together this map showing school closing chances for southeast Michigan.
LATEST SCHOOL CLOSINGS: http://wxyz.com/closings
UPDATED FORECAST & LIVE RADAR: http://wxyz.com/weather
School closing chances are based on snow totals that are predicted for the communities around metro Detroit.
The map shows a 50% chance of school closings for the middle of our area. Northern areas - where 8" to 10" of snow are forecast - have a 70% chance. Areas to the south of Detroit have a 30% chance of a day off of school.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
7 First Alert Weather Forecast
Clouds will thicken during the day today, keeping us locked in the cold 20s for highs again. Accumulating snow that starts this afternoon will end tonight.
Latest weather blog posts
Clear skies will create the perfect evening to view the International Space Station.
Even though it's felt like fall for awhile, today is the first full day of autumn. That's a good time to take quick look back at how Summer 2013 turned out, and look ahead at what we might be able to expect this winter.
No, we're not going back to Beanie Babies and dial-up internet access. But we are looking at two days, today and tomorrow, with high temperatures in the 90s, which is unusual for September. Unusual, yes, but not unheard of.
Before you pack the car and head out for your holiday weekend, check out these views that we've gathered from around the state. INSIDE: View Michigan webcams
Meet Hally Vogel
Hally joins Channel 7 from WZZM 13, the ABC affiliate in Grand Rapids, where she recently served as the weekday morning and noon meteorologist for 7 years. Born and raised in Ohio, near Lake Erie, Hally is no stranger to the frequently changing weather in the Great Lakes.