(WXYZ) - Looking for fun things to do this weekend? Search no more!
Here is a list of 7 events happening this weekend around town:
1) Orion Festival- The Orion festival at Belle Isle in Detroit is happening June 8 and June 9 from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on both days. Big names like Bassnectar, Metallica and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be performing throughout the weekend. One day and two day passes are available at www.orionmusicandmore.com
2) Tri-Community Garage and Antique Sale- This sale will be occurring Thursday June 6 through Sunday June 9 starting at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 5:00 p.m. on both days. It will be taking place in Romeo, Washington and Bruce Townships. This is a free event where people can sell items, buy items, or do a little bit of both! There will also be a chalk art contest, craft show, antique show/appraisals, a fun run and more.
3) Royal Oak Clay, Glass, and Metal Festival- The festival will begin on Saturday, June 8 from 10am-7pm through Sunday, June 9 from 11am-5pm. The festivities will be taking place at the Central Business District on Washington Avenue in Royal Oak. This is a free event where 115 artists will be putting jewelry, gifts, decorative art, pottery, beads and architectural pieces from artists will be on display and some may be available for purchase.
4) Daniel Tosh Comedy Show- The star of the comedy show, Tosh.o will be performing around the metro-Detroit area this weekend. He will be performing Saturday, June 8 at the Fox Theatre Detroit at both 7:00 and 10:00 p.m. He will be changing locations to the Wharton Center on Sunday where he will be at the Wharton Center at both 7:00 and 9:30 p.m. Fans can purchase tickets on www.ticketmaster.com
5) Cinetopia International Film Festival- This film festival will be coming to both Ann Arbor and Detroit on June 6-9. Audiences can experience more than 40 of the best feature-length dramas, comedies, and documentaries from the world's best film festivals, including Sundance, Cannes, Venice, Toronto, and Berlin. The venues where the movies will be playing include the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, the State Theater in Ann Arbor, the University of Michigan's Angell Hall in Ann Arbor, as well at the Detroit Film Theatre at the Detroit Institute of Arts in Detroit. To check the film schedule or get more information visit www.cinetopiafestival.org .
6) Fisher Building Tour- On Saturday June 8 Detroiters can enjoy a free tour of the Fisher Building. The tour begins promptly at 11:00 a.m. and is approximately an hour long. Tour goers can expect to learn about the architectural and historical background of the infamous "golden tower."
7) Motor City Run ‘em- Why not try something different and attend a drag race event? The drag race and grudge race Car and motorcycle clubs are welcome. The gates open to the event at 8:00 a.m. and will be happening in Milan, MI at 10860 Plank Road. Those who are interested may go to www.milandragway.com for more information.