(WXYZ) - It's that time of year again when people start coming down with the flu.
We've have 8 tips to keep you healthy.
1. Get a flu shot. You won't get sick from the flu vaccine but it takes your body weeks to build immunity.
2. Stop smoking
3. Get enough sleep, stay hydrated, eat fruits and veggies, and stay away from friends or co-workers who are sick.
4. Be careful with natural remedies. If you try one check with your doctor first.
5. Doctors recommend getting the flu vaccine if you're pregnant.
6. Quarantine the sick people in your family.
8. If you have the flu stay home from work and don't go to the gym for at least 3 days after your fever breaks.