(WXYZ) - Kimberly-Clark is issuing a warning about stolen tampons that may pose a serious health risk.
The company says several lots of rejected tampons were stolen and then sold to the public. Right now it's not known where they were sold. The rejected tampons have increased levels of bacteria and may be contaminated with metallic particles or imperfect raw materials. So far, the company has not received any complaints.
To see if you have purchased a rejected product look for the lot code in the red box located on the bottom of the carton. The affected lot codes include:
Kotex Natural Balance Regular Absorbency Security Tampons
- Box of 18 count: AC209621X and AC209622X
- Box of 36 count: AC209625X
Kotex Natural Balance Super Absorbency Security Tampons
- Box of 36 count: AC127423X, AC209623X and AC209624X
Kotex Natural Balance Super Plus Absorbency Security Tampons
- Box of 18 count: AC127322X, AC127422X, AC213822X, AC213922X, AC214022X and AC214322X
- Box of 36 count: AC127424X, AC206824X and AC207824X
If you purchased these rejected tampons, contact the company at 1-877-485-6839 for information about where to send the tampons for a refund. You can also CLICK HERE for more information about the rejected tampons.