(WXYZ) - There's an important recall going on right now involving a fertility pharmacy that has shipped medications to patients in Michigan and other states.
The recall involves the Village Fertility Pharmacy of Waltham Massachusetts.
It's recalling compounded medications for women who are undergoing in vitro fertilization. Each medication is specifically formulated for each patient and then shipped directly to them.
The recall includes the following medications:
- Progesterone Injection Cottonseed Oil 50 MG/ML
- Progesterone Injection Olive Oil 50 MG/ML, 100 MG/ML
- Progesterone Injection Sesame Oil 50 MG/ML, 100 MG/ML
- Progesterone Injection Ethyl Oleate 50 MG/ML, 100 MG/ML
- Hydroxy Progesterone Caproate 250 MG/ML
- Compounded Leuprolide Acetate 1MG/.2ML
The company issued the recall because something was found floating in a vile.
7 Action News has learned 2100 patients are affected but we are not sure just how many of those are in Michigan.
Patients with questions can call the Village Recall Hotline at 1-888-965-5813.