(WXYZ) - These delicious fast and simple entertaining ideas will get you out of the kitchen quick as well as impress your guests at your holiday gathering.
1 (750 ml) bottle Welch's Grape Sparkling Juice Cocktail (or Blueberry Grape Sparkling Grape Juice Cocktail)
2 cups 100% Juice White Grape
1 cup pineapple juice
2 oz. lime juice
4 mint leaves
1/4 cup fresh blueberries for garnish (optional)
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pineapple juice, lime juice and mint leaves. Shake until frosted.
2. Pour into a pitcher with White Grape juice and sparkling grape juice cocktail. Divide between glasses and serve garnished with blueberries.
Nutrition per 1/2 cup Serving: 73.6 calories, 0g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 18g carbohydrates, 0.2g fiber, 0g protein
Recipe source: welchs.com
Sparkling Cranberry Cider
Makes about 8 - 6oz. (3/4 cup) servings.
2 (750 ml) bottles Sparkling Apple Cider
1/2 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate
2 cups ice cubes
1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Add cranberry juice concentrate to a pitcher. Pour sparkling cider into pitcher and mix well. Add ice.
2. Garnish with cleaned fresh cranberries.
Shrimp with Marmalade Sauce
Makes 6-8 servings
1 lb. (16 - 20) Cooked Meijer shrimp
1/3 cup marmalade
1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
Directions: Mix marmalade and chili sauce together. Serve with shrimp.
Puff Pastry Cheese Tray
An edible tray topped with your favorite cheeses!
Makes about 8 servings
1 (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 tsp. McCormick seasoning blend
Variety of fresh herb sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Whisk together egg and 2 tsp. water. Unfold 1 thawed puff pastry sheet on an ungreased baking. Brush with egg mixture. Cut 4 (1/2-inch) wide strips from one side of pastry, cutting parallel to seam of pastry. Place strips along outer edges of pastry, overlapping and trimming ends of strips as needed.
2. Prick bottom of pastry generously with a fork. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of seasoning blend onto pastry. If desired gently press fresh herb sprigs into pastry. Bake at 400º for 6 minutes. Prick bottom of pastry generously again to prevent from rising. Bake another 6 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack until completely cool.
3. Fill pastry with your favorite cheeses for serving.