WXYZ - New Year's Eve is almost here. Where will you be watching the ball drop this year? If you're thinking of heading out, check out our picks for the most festive ways to ring in 2014.
1. D Drop : Celebrate a new beginning- and a new revival for Detroit- during the annual Motor City New Year's Eve "D Drop" at Campus Martius Park. The Detroit-themed ball will drop from the Chase Tower this year and spectators will have breathtaking views of the city. The event is free and open to the community and includes live entertainment, a food truck rally and extended ice skating hours. Kids activities make this event, which runs from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m., fun for the whole family.
2. Revolution: NYE: Party it up at the Royal Oak Music Theatre this Dec. 31. during the venue's 'Revolution: NYE' event. Four drinks, party favors and a midnight champagne toast are included in the cost of the ticket. $75.
3. Rockin' the D: Commemorate the New Year in a rock and roll fashion at the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit. Beginning at 9 p.m., those 21 and older can 'Rock the D' as they nosh on strolling food stations and dance the night away to the sounds of DJ Whip and DJ Hush. Cabanas are also available for rent for those seeking a more private night. General, $85. VIP Cabanas $1,500.
4. Comedy Showcase: Start 2014 out with a laugh as Jackie Flynn performs at the Ann Arbor Showcase . An actor from movies such as There's Something About Marry, Kingpin and Shallow Hal, this Boston native will have the crowd rolling in two shows - 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 to $30 at the door. The 10:30 p.m. showing includes a champagne toast.
5. Never Never Land: As the event's motto promises, this Mount Clemens event lets you spend New Year's Eve in Never Never Land . Bring the kids from 4-9 p.m. to the city's downtown area where they can meet their famous friends including Spiderman and Tinkerbell, decorate holiday crafts and watch a special ball drop as fireworks illuminate the night sky. The event is free, however, certain activities do require a minimal fee.
6. Palazzo Grande Celebration: If you're over on the east side, hang out at the Palazzo Grande in Shelby Township Dec. 31. A premium bar, dancing, late-night pizza and hors d'oeuvres such as calamari and Italian rice balls are just a few of the things you can expect at this party which begins at 7:30 p.m. $100.
7. Northville Knight Family Party: Begin the new year like true royalty at the Northville Knight Family New Year's Eve Celebration . Enter the Recreation Center at Hillside through the castle gates and plan your evening out with a special medieval map. Tournament games include archery and fencing. The event takes place from 4-7 p.m. Tickets are $18 for children ages 3-17, $12 for adults, and $3 for those ages 1-2.