6 oz. Salmon fillet
1 cup Mixed vegetables
1 tsp. Olive oil
Brown rice (after training) or white rice (pre-race)
8 oz. Fresh spinach 1 tsp Lemon pepper
1. Toss mixed vegetables in olive oil
2. Season salmon with lemon pepper and place on a long piece of tin foil (approx. 15 in. long). Top with seasoned vegetables and bundle up mixture with tin foil to form a pouch.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Follow microwave directions for cooking rice, when rice is hot mix with the spinach and place mixture on plate
5. Top with salmon and vegetables and enjoy
We've heard of things like "carb loading" the day before a race or game, but what is the best way to use food to fuel our bodies to prepare for workouts? Fueling exercise requires quality carbohydrates, lean protein, heart-healthy fats and fluids. Muscles need protein for recovery and growth, and the best time to deliver protein appears to be right after exercise.