(WXYZ) - Chevrolet will be providing help to dream cruisers who get stuck on Woodward this Saturday.
For the second year they're providing the Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad to help keep moving. The squad will be traveling up and down Woodward in five 2014 Chevrolet Silverado pickup trucks.
The squad is also offering the following tips to help keep dream cruisers riding down Woodward, and out of the parking lot working on their cars.
- Battery – make sure the battery is charged, the terminals are clean and check for wear or aging of the alternator belt and distributor cap.
- Fluids – check fluid levels to make sure the vehicle is ready to operate for several hours and have extra to top it off when necessary.
- Gas – fill it up and top it off before embarking on the journey. A sticky or faulty gas gage can leave you stranded on the side of the road.
- Tires – check the tire pressure and condition especially if it's a vehicle driven only a few times a year.
- Blades – make sure the windshield wipers are in good operating condition in the event of rain.