(WXYZ) - Technology that could save gas - even lives - may be part of the standard package on your next car.
Here's the top 5 hot features:
- Advanced cameras: These can check around the car for pedestrians even read "wrong-way road signs" and note the color of traffic lights!
- Radar systems that can sense impending collisions - able to stop or slow the vehicle down to make a crash less severe.
- An engines that turn on and off at traffic lights to save on fuel. This "stop-start" technology can increase gas mileage on minimum about 5-percent.
- Special headlights that can swivel when a car turns - helping drivers see around corners. Many cars now also have high-beams that sense oncoming traffic and dim automatically.
- And finally - lane-centering technology. A camera can follow the road and --using the brakes-- nudge the car to stay in the center of the lane.