(WXYZ) - The Michigan Department of Community Health says the death toll associated with fungal meningitis cases is now at ten.
The department says one of the ten deaths is associated with stroke.
Additional details of the Michigan deaths are as follows:
- Livingston County - 75 year old woman
- Livingston County - 50 year old woman
- Ingham County - 88 year old woman
- Charlevoix County - 81 year old woman
- Wayne County - 64 year old woman
- Livingston County - 79 year old woman
- Washtenaw County - 62 year old man
- Genesee County - 56 year old woman
- Livingston County - 67 year old woman
- Washtenaw County - 78 year old woman
Congressional hearings on the meningitis outbreak took place last week on Capitol Hill where the head of the Food and Drug Administration was grilled for a lack of oversight.