(WXYZ) - A Detroit firefighter was injured Thursday night while battling a house fire in the 4400 block of McGraw.
Sources in the Detroit Fire Department tell 7 Action News that one of the firefighters with Ladder Co. 22 was in the attic of the home when the floor gave way. We're told he fell through the floor and landed on a pike pole which ripped open his cheek.
He was transported to Henry Ford Hospital on Grand River and is listed in serious condition.
We're told the firefighter has been with the Detroit Fire Department for 13 years.