DETROIT (WXYZ) - Can't be at Belle Isle for Free Prix Day on Friday? Check in with us and our group of social media fans on Twitter and right here on WXYZ.com to see photos from our Exclusive Tweetup.
UPDATE: All tickets to our Tweetup have now been reserved.
Thank you all for the interest in this event.
The special behind-the-scenes TWEETUP takes place during the Grand Prix's "Free Prix Day," on Friday, 5/31/2013, from 1 to 4 p.m., on Belle Isle.
PARTICIPANTS CAN EXPECT TO SEE:
- A chance to meet drivers and ask questions
- The opportunity to see how crews keep the cars running
- A behind-the-scenes look at the setup on Belle Isle
- Lots of exclusive chances to take amazing photos
- You'll be the first of your friends to post pics from the Grand Prix
- An afternoon where you might make a few new friends
WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO:
- Have fun!
- Share your experience with your friends on Twitter and Facebook
- Use our Twitter hashtags #detroitgp, #backchannel and #TheInsideTrack (We'll talk about all of that when we see you on Belle Isle.)
If you've reserved a ticket, you can expect us to provide details on when and where to meet the group. You'll receive an email a few days before the Tweetup. While the event is free, please be aware that you will need to pay for parking (which includes a shuttle onto the island).
This really will be a special day. Along with the Grand Prix organizers, we've worked with MotorCity Casino Hotel and Embark Digital to make this happen. If we haven't already stressed it: This will be fun!