(WXYZ) - Michigan State University officials have released guidelines for their students on how to celebrate with class.
With basketball bullet points, the university says they are "need-to-know messages developed by students for how to celebrate safely."
Over the past decade, several riots have taken place after the MSU basketball team's performance in the NCAA tournament.
The university posted the following on their website:
MSU Spartans celebrate with class. In fact, 9 out of 10 watch out for friends to make sure they stay safe. To celebrate this season like a true Spartan, follow these simple guidelines and share them with your friends:
- Do not block streets or sidewalks.
- Keep moving and avoid large crowds.
- Cooperate with police.
- Immediately leave any gathering that has been declared an unlawful assembly – even just observing is participating.
- Any student who is found responsible for participating in an unlawful assembly or riot may be subject to disciplinary sanctions, including suspension or expulsion from his/her school.
- If you believe your rights have been violated by a police officer, obtain the officer's badge number and consider filing a formal complaint at a later date.