5-year-old boy helped save overdosing parents he thought were dead, police say
12:53 PM, May 19, 2017
2:22 PM, May 19, 2017
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say the 5-year-old son of a couple who overdosed on heroin saved his parents by walking two blocks in the dark to alert another relative because he thought they were dead.
Emergency responders used a drug-overdose antidote to revive the unresponsive pair Thursday morning after finding them on the floor of a home in Middletown, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of Cincinnati. A 3-month-old baby was found in a car seat nearby.
Police say the couple acknowledged using heroin. They were jailed on child-endangering charges.
Middletown police shared the story on their Facebook page with a call for action, urging drug users to get help and their loved ones to intervene to help them.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.