Detroit Regional Chamber ends Mackinac Policy Conference with 'To-Do List' for Michigan's leaders
1:27 PM, May 31, 2013
1:32 PM, May 31, 2013
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich (WXYZ) - The 2013 Mackinac Policy Conference has come to a close. The annual event gathers Michigan's leaders for a serious discussion of the state's future. It's put on by the Detroit Regional Chamber who today released a 'To-Do List' for the state.
MACKINAC POLICY CONFERENCE TO-DO LIST (From the Detroit Regional Chamber)
The Detroit Regional Chamber committed to executing the following action items based on the conversation held at the 2013 Conference:
1. Convene businesses and community colleges to better link the talent needs of employers with community college program offerings.
2. Expand the successful "lessons learned" trips to U.S. cities (e.g. Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C.) that can help inform the ongoing renaissance in Michigan's major urban centers.
3. Expand upon the cyber security lessons learned at MPC by developing and executing efforts that help inform the business community of 21st Century cyber threats.
4. Coalesce the regional business community to support comprehensive immigration reform that helps drive economic growth and a pilot program in Michigan.
5. Promote the Detroit region as a growing and vibrant IT and entrepreneurial hub.
6. Commit to celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit – its successes and its failures – at the 2014 Mackinac Policy Conference.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.