Two people in Michigan are now sick after an E coli outbreak that started with recalled frozen snack foods.
The state health department says these two victims are among at least 24 people infected in 15 states.
We first reported this recall last week when New York's Rich Products Corporation recalled roughly 196,222 pounds of frozen chicken quesadilla and other snacks that may have been contaminated with E coli.
Some of the products are sold in grocery stores across Michigan. The recalled products were produced between November 12, 2012 and November 19, 2012 and then distributed nationwide.
If you have questions regarding the recall or you would like to receive a refund, you should contact the company's consumer line at (888) 220-5955 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, or visit their website at www.farmrich.com .
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the following items subject to recall:
• 7.2-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mini pizza slices with cheese pepperoni and sauce in pizza dough, UPC code 041322376909 with a best by date of May 15 or May 16, 2014.
• 22-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mini pizza slices with cheese pepperoni and sauce in pizza dough, UPC code 041322356437 with a best by date of May 15 or May 16, 2014.
• 18-oz. bags of Farm Rich mini quesadillas with cheese, grilled white meat chicken in a crispy crust, UPC code 041322356352 with a best by date of May 14, 2014.
• 21-oz. bags of Farm Rich philly cheese steaks with cheese, beef & onions in a crispy crust, UPC code 041322356345 with a best by date of May 13, 2014.
In addition, the following products, which fall under FDA jurisdiction, are also being recalled. FSIS is issuing this news release to make the public aware that these products are also considered potentially adulterated and should be properly discarded or destroyed.
• 22-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mozzarella bites in a pizzeria style crust, UPC code 041322374431 with a best by date of May 19, 2014.
• 7-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mozzarella bites in a pizzeria style crust, UPC code 041322376916 with a best by date of May 19, 2014.
• 22-oz. bags of Market Day Mozzarella Bites, UPC code 041322804358 with a best by date of May 12, 2014.
Each product package above contains the establishment number "EST. 27232" or "P-27232" inside the USDA mark of inspection.