DETROIT (WXYZ) - Five students at a Detroit Public School were taken to the hospital Thursday after they ingested unidentified pills.
According to Detroit Public Schools, the students at Noble Elementary-Middle School ingested a prescription medication brought to the school and distributed by other students.
The five kids were taken to the hospital for observation.
The district says the students will all be disciplined if they were found to be in violation of the school's code of conduct.
Also, the Office of Social Work will set up an assembly with the students to talk about prescription pills and taking other drugs that can cause serious illness.