DETROIT (WXYZ) - A series of meetings by the Detroit Department of Transportation to address cuts in bus service are provoking an angry response from riders.
The meetings were held Friday, February 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at both the Northwest Activities Center and the Conner Campus of Wayne County Community College.
Another set of meetings is scheduled at both those locations for Friday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The service changes being discussed will go into effect March 3. They include the following:
- Bus service from 1:00 - 4:00 am will be discontinued
- Route 11/Clairmount - weekend service only will be discontinued
- Route 46/Southfield - Sunday service only will be discontinued
- Route 78/Imperial Express - - route eliminated
- Route 49/Vernor - Service will end at Rosa Parks Transit Center