'The show must go on' at PJ's Lager House after fire in apartment above Detroit concert venue

DETROIT (WXYZ) - "The show must go on." That was the message from PJ's Lager House a day after fire damaged an apartment above the Detroit concert venue.

The fire broke out Monday night above the popular Corktown bar, located on Michigan Avenue, east of Trumbull.

When 7 Action News crews arrived at the scene Monday night, they found Detroit firefighters and an ambulance crew administering CPR to cats who lived in the apartment above the Lager House.

Three cats died due to the fire. No people were injured.

In a Facebook post Tuesday afternoon, the Lager House said the two residents of the apartment safely escaped the fire. "They also lost most of their personal possessions," the post said.

"We are working hard today on cleaning the bar from water damage, to assure we are open tonight," the Facebook post said. "The last thing PJ wants to do is cancel a show on a local band, whom we love & support and make the Lager House what it is!!!"

"It may smell like smoke, you may have to enter through the back, but it will be a good time! and the bands will be great!!" they said.

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments