DETROIT (WXYZ) - Firefighters pulled young brothers from a burning home on Detroit's southwest side.
Six-year-old Michael Chavez and his 4-year-old brother Julio were rushed to Henry Ford Hospital. Both suffered from smoke inhalation.
Michael was later pronounced dead. Julio is in critical condition. He was eventually transferred to Children's Hospital.
The fire chief on the scene says the Rescue Squad did not wait for EMS but instead transported the children to Henry Ford Hospital while performing CPR.
The fire broke out shortly after 7:00 am at a house on the 5200 block of Tarnow. There is no report of what started the fire.
STAY WITH WXYZ.COM AND 7 ACTION NEWS FOR UPDATES.