Boy saves dad's life after allergic reaction

PINCKNEY (WXYZ) -  Little A.J . Hieber feels like a superhero and a rock star all mixed in one after saving his father's life.

The 10-year-old saved his dad's life a couple of weeks ago and has been getting a lot of attention ever since. His father, Adam Hieber, was stung by a couple of bees while he was mowing his lawn in Pinckney.

Adam Heiber is highly allergic to the insects. 

"I felt like I was melting," said Adam Heiber.

A.J. Hieber was playing video games in his room and sensed something wasn't right and ran to the bathroom to find his dad crying and struggling to breathe near the tub.

He sprang into action and ran to get his mom who was at a nearby lake since there was no home phone line.  He did not have any time to put clothes on.

"I race down in my bike and I'm in my underwear mind you.  I race down to tell my mom that my dad has been stung by bees," said A.J. Hieber.

A.J.'s mom got back in enough time to use two EpiPens on her husband and he was taken to the hospital.

The 10-year-old was happy he was there to save his dad's life.   

"Yeah I was really proud of that," said A.J. Hieber.  "I saved a life…well, technically me and my bike did so thank you Diamond Back."

"He did the right thing," said A.J.'s great grandmother.  "Thankfully… You don't know you hate to think of what might have happened."

"I do owe my life to him," said Adam Hieber.

 A.J. Hieber is learning how to use the EpiPen just in case he needs to know how to use it in the future. Meanwhile, he expects to be a pretty popular kid in school over the next few weeks. 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments