(WXYZ) - MDOT announced it will invest $187 million in roads and bridges in its Metro Region in 2013. The Metro Region serves Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, and Wayne Counties.
MDOT plans to upgrade about 80 miles of pavement and 15 bridges.
"Our 2013 program focuses on stretching our dwindling funds to best preserve our vital roads and bridges," said Metro Region Engineer Tony Kratofil in a press release. "We do this by using proven asset management strategies to ensure that we continue to provide the greatest return on tax payers' investments."
Here is a list released by MDOT of roadways or bridges where repairs are planned:
Macomb County - I-94: a $17 million investment to resurface 5 miles between I-696 and Masonic Blvd.
- M-97: a $13.5 million investment to resurface more than 3 miles between Hayes and 14 Mile roads.
- M-53: a $16.6 million investment to reconstruct more than 4 miles between 34 Mile and Bordman roads.
St. Clair County - I-94: a $60 million investment to replace eight bridges at the I-94/I-69 interchange. Project includes reconstructing I-94 between Griswold and Lapeer roads, and reconstructing I-69 between the interchange and Range Road.
Wayne County - M-14: a $1.7 million investment to resurface more than 2 miles between Sheldon and Haggerty roads.
- I-94: a $1.2 million investment to reconstruct the bridge approaches over US-24 (Telegraph Road).
- I-75: a $1.8 investment to reconstruct the ramps at the Eureka Road interchange.
- M-85 (Fort Street): a $3 million investment to resurface more than 7 miles between I-75 and Sibley Road.
- M-85 (Fort Street): the second year of a $40 million investment to reconstruct more than 4 miles between Sibley to Goddard roads.
Oakland County - I-696: a $2.2 million investment to repair pavement between I-275 and Orchard Lake Road, and between Woodward Avenue and Dequindre Road.
- I-75: a $4.5 million investment to resurface more than 14 miles of southbound I-75 between M-15 and County Line.
- M-1 (Woodward Road): a $4.8 million investment to resurface more than 5 miles between 14 Mile Road and Oakridge Boulevard.
- US-24 (Dixie Highway): a $19.2 million investment to resurface 9 miles between Telegraph Road and I-75.
Detroit - I-94: a $9.5 million investment to replace the West Grand Boulevard overpass.
- I-94: an $8 million investment to replace the M-53 (Van Dyke Avenue) overpass.
- M-102 (Eight Mile Road): an $11.5 million investment to resurface 3 miles between US-24 (Telegraph Road) and M-39 (Southfield Freeway).
- I-75: a $3.3 million investment to resurface more than 5 miles between Piquette Avenue and M-102 (Eight Mile Road).
- M-97 (Jefferson Avenue): a $231,000 investment to reconstruct the eastbound ramp to M-10 (Lodge Freeway).
- M-85 (Fort Street): a $46 million investment to replace the Bascule Bridge over the Rouge River.